Base guitar arrived... time to send it back

It's the first time I ordered a guitar online. I believe that you need to play and feel a guitar before buying one.

However, since this one I bought to mod anyways, I was prepared to sacrifice that believe since I basically only wanted to reuse the Floyd Rose trem and the wood.

Friday I got the package and was nicely surprised and disappointed at the same time.

The guitar was solid, a bit on the heavier side but the trem looked nice and since it has a locking nut, the tuners don't really matter that much. Cheap tuners have the tendency to show slip resulting in detuning, but since it has a locking nut, it only has to keep tune for about 15 minutes - the time to lock the nut. Trust me - the tuners are low quality (I was afraid to break them when turning them).

Only thing the body really needs, is a good polish. I think it even has a nitro finish and not a poly one. feels nice...

The big disappointment was the neck: It feels great and reasonably finished (refinishing it isn't that much work since I love urethane to do so - easy to apply, nice feel). There is however a knot - with a small crack - in the back of the neck.



So awaiting the respons of the shop: either a commercial gesture or an exchange. Prefer an exchange to keep my initial plans... If not, I think I'll give filling the crack and staining the back of the neck to hide the knot a try...

To be continued ...

Reacties

Populaire posts