Wiring diagram for 2 humbuckers, 1 Volume and 2 equalizing tone pots

While waiting on the response of the shop where I bought my base guitar to be able to exchange it (see my previous post), I already looking into how I would modify it to my needs.

The typical Gibson-alike wiring would be 2 tone and 2 volume pots and a 3 way switch. A pickguard on a Strat with 4 pots and a switch would be too crowded.

One with 2 volume pots and 1 tone pot would fit and is my second option. Advantage is that its possible to get a 'kill switch' effect when truning down one of the volume pots. Nice, but how often do you actually use a kill switch? Right... near to never.

An other option would be to have 2 tone and 1 volume pot. Traditionally, you would expect a tone pot per pickup. The big disadvantage is that you would get a marginal effect when both pickup are active at the same time. What I would rather try is to have a treble and a bass pot and have them function rather as an equalizer than only have them work correctly when only one of the pickups is active.

What I want to achieve:


- A switch to select rythm/neck pickup (1), both pickups (2) or treble/bridge pickup (3)
- A pot to equalize the treble tones (T)
- A pot to equalize the bass tones (B)
- A Volime pot (V)

Atypical, but it should be feasible. hopefully he courses ofelectronical engineering aren't too far away. To the drawing table!

Reacties

Populaire posts